Homeschool Game Days are the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month from 12pm to 2pm and are open to all homeschool families! This is a great chance to meet new people, socialize, and play games! We have over 300 games in our demo library that are free to play!
Home School Game Day FAQ's:
- Is the game day for a specific Homeschool group or organization? All Homeschoolers are welcome no matter what Homeschool group or organization you are part of.
- Is there a cost to attend Homeschool game day? No, Homeschool Game Day is free to attend. Our game library is free for you to use during game day or whenever you choose to come hang out. However, should you choose to play in the arcade you would need to purchase tokens.
Gameschooling is intentionally using games as part of education. Gameschooling makes learning fun and enjoyable while creating a positive learning environment for kids to exercise their brains, build interpersonal skills, and reinforcing what they are learning. Games tend to be an attention grabber and a way to actively engage the learner. Check out the Resources for Educators page for game and lesson ideas.
Family Game Night!
Saturdays starting at 5pm
Our goal is to teach parents and families great games they can play together! All the games we play at Family Game Night are "family friendly", meaning that they are age appropriate in content and complexity.
We have over 200 games in our Demo Library that are free to play! Bring out your family and friends for a night of fun and games! Check out our Facebook Page or Instagram Page for details on featured games and demos!
Family Game Night FAQ's:
- Is there a cost for Family Game Night? No, Family Game Night is completely free to attend!
- What if I can not be there at 5 pm or if I am running late? That is completely okay, we understand things come up. Join us when you can.
- Do we need to sign up or reserve a table? No, our gaming area is open for all to use. We have plenty of space and specifically reserve space for family game night.
- I don't have kids, can I still attend Family Game Night? Yes, Family Game Night is for everyone. You're welcome to participate in our scheduled activities, bring your own game, or borrow one from our game library.
JUNIOR PINBALL LEAGUE
Junior Pinball League is a great time for kids 6-15 years old to learn about the history of pinball, check out the inner workings of a pinball machine, and of course learn how to play. Our Pinball Gurus will challenge participants on skill shots, holds, and terminology. Participants will face various Pinball challenges, participate in match play and pingolf tournaments, learn tournament etiquette, and of course get plenty of practice on a variety of Pinball machines.
Junior Pinball League FAQ's:
- When is the next Junior Pinball League? Unfortunately, at this time we do not have a date for the next Jr. Pinball League. We will make sure to give ample notice when we are able to schedule another Jr. Pinball League.
- Is Jr. Pinball League only for Homeschool kids? No, all kids ages 6-15 are welcome to join. However as the previous leagues met during the school day we only had Homeschoolers participate. When we are able to schedule league again we will be looking to offer late afternoon or early evening options so more kids are able to participate.
- Am I able to drop my child off and come back later? Parents should plan on staying unless prior arrangements are made with the Firefly staff. You are welcome to watch, play games from our demo library, sit & chat, or something else. We do offer free WiFi in the store and have plenty of drinks and snacks for sale.
- My child is 16 or older. Is there a league they can participate in? Participants 16 years and older are encouraged to join us on Thursdays for our regular Pinball meetup! However, if you feel your child would fit better in the Jr. League please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss this on a case by case basis.